I stopped doing my favorite baby essentials after 3-6 months. So I'm going to do 6-12 months all in one. Obviously that's a big gap, but here's our list.
1. Baby Jogger City Mini Stroller
We have the City Select as well and I love both of them. The quality is out of this world and they both push with such ease. I love this stroller because it's lighter and smaller than the select. We take this stroller most places and when we travel we also take this stroller. I would suggest this brand to anyone and everyone. We found ours used on Craigslist and it's in perfect condition. The one thing I don't like about this stroller is the under basket is very small.
2. Sippy Cups
We love these munchkin cups with the straws and then we also love the playtex insulator cups. I'm not sure why, but I put his milk in the insulator and juice in the munchkin cups
3. VTech Go Go Smart Wheels
We didn't even have any of the playsets, but got Dominick the helicopter and the tractor to just carry around. They're great little toys to take on the go and small enough for their little hands. He still chooses to take these with us when we go places. The helicopter is by far his favorite
4. Little Flap Books
Dominick isn't a huge fan of reading, but he loves to read to himself and look at books. The little flap books are his favorite. He also loves the touch and feel books. Both are great options for him. They're short and sweet too. Little Zoo is one of his favorites.
5. Stride Rite Shoes
Dominick has really fat feet, but I know stride rite shoes are durable and offer good support. They even have a wide option (we don't need that however). They're super easy to put on and take off (even Dominick can do it. ;o)). While I would love to buy him TOMS they just don't fit his feet good.
6. Slide
One of Dominick's grandma's bought this for him and we put it in our house. He goes up and down like a champ (he hasn't always), but it's a fan favorite for sure. It takes up kind of a lot of space, but it would for sure blow away if we put it outside. It gives him more options while inside.
7. Water Table
Obviously, it's winter now but during the 6-12 month period for us it was summer time. Dominick LOVED this water table and it offered him more than some of the other ones we saw.
8. Temporal Artery Thermometer
I got this when awhile ago and am so glad I finally bought it. I love that I don't have to hold a wiggly baby down to take his temperature. We will even give this to Dominick when he's having a diaper change to contain him. He will rub it across his forehead (he knows).
9. Finger Foods
When Dom was first starting to eat snacks we would give him a lot of puffs (the happy baby or gerber brands), mum mums and lil' crunchies. He loved all of them, but I'm pretty sure the lil' crunchies and mum mums were his favorite. As he got older, he loved yogurt covered raisins, flavored cheerios. goldfish, graham crackers and he loves marshmallows.
10. Snack Cups
I think these are a must, but they're not "spill" proof. Dominick quickly learned that if he folded in the tops of the lids and shook then he could pick and choose what he wanted out. He normally leaves me a good amount of snacks behind. In his car seat esspecially.

2 comments:
I'm obsessed with reading these posts. It's so fun to see what works for other moms! I LOVE our City Mini. Seriously, worth ever penny paid. Lucky you for scoring one on CL!
totally need to add these to my registry... i like that stroller a lot. is it easy to get around?
Post a Comment