Wednesday, April 11, 2012

This and That

~A while back, my co-worker told me I should go to an Airman and Family Readiness event/class for women expecting babies here on base. I wasn't really interested, but Ryan came home and said that someone had told him to tell me to go. So I signed up and I went. They told you a lot of the basics, but at the end we were given a "goody bag" and  were able to choose a hand made blanket. A hand made blanket by my co-worker. She crochets, and I've seen her working on these so often. Well, the majority of the blankets that were there were girl blankets and the majority of the women there were having boys. So my co-worker said she would make more boy blankets for all the mothers who didn't get one. We didn't know what we were having yet, so she told me when we found out to let her know of the colors. She finished it last weekend and gave it to me a couple of days ago. We think it's pretty fabulous. The blue color is a darker than what his room will be (it's going to be more aqua), but I still think it's so beautiful.

~Last week I also ordered Dominick's car seat and it came in the mail on Monday (that's why I love amazon so much).
~I also ordered the fabric for his quilt that another co-worker is making for him. I'm waiting on measurements for the rest of his bedding, curtains and changing pad cover and that is going to be ordered in the next few weeks. All we have left to buy is the nursery furniture, the only problem is we can't decide on a crib. We thought we had it picked out and then we saw another one we liked so we're back at two.

~Speaking of his room, it's going to be aqua, orange and lime green. We're not doing a real theme, but we are going to use some Dr Seuss "stuff" in his room.

~We know so many people who've just had babies that they're gifting us with all of their leftover diapers. We have all the newborn diapers you can imagine and we've got quite the stock pile of size 1. We are thinking of using The Honest Company for diapers. We like that they're really clean and pretty equivalent in cost per month to regular diapers. We're gonna do a trial run with them and see how it goes, the nice thing is you can cancel at any time, it's right here in California, it ships right to our house AND since we have a nice stock of other diapers, if we don't like them we can always go back to Pampers. :)

~We've almost been in California for an entire year. It's amazing how fast time goes, we don't love it here but we are trying to make the most of it. Sometimes it's harder than others.
~We are very much looking forward to our trip home. I think Ryan is kind of having a little anxiety about the whole trip since our trips are normally jammed packed and scheduled to the minute every single day. It'll be nice to have some relaxing time and time to do whatever we please. Of course we do have some days that are already planned, but not overly.
~Our Easter was spent doing laundry, mowing and skyping with our families in the morning. Around 2 we headed over to one of Ryan's Sgt's house for lunch. We were able to spend the day with friends and eating amazing food. It was very untraditional, but we loved it. Being away from home, we haven't had too many "traditional" meals/holidays. It grows on you however. :)
~I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but Ryan got to ride in an osprey a couple of weeks ago and it was a real highlight for him.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The blanket is so cute! I'm glad you had a nice Easter with friends, even if it wasn't traditional! I love the fact that Ryan asked you for an itinerary. :D

Tami said...

The blanket is beautiful! Yay for the carseat. I think you will really like it! That's neat that Ryan got to ride in an osprey. My hubby used to be an Aerial Observer on the osprey! :)