This week has been a somewhat eventful one. It hasn't been the best week, but we survived and it's finally the weekend. I think yesterday at 5 we were both exhausted and thankful we didn't have to work for a few days.
+I hit my 39 week mark and also started having my first Braxton Hicks contractions. They were anything, but desirable. I had my appointment on Tuesday and the doctor said I was still 2 cm dialated, between 60-70% effaced and he was about -2 to -1 station. I had made some progress last week so I was happy. Also when he walked into the room he asked if I was experiencing preterm labor. He said could tell by the look on my face.
+Also last week I started experiencing lots of cramping, I called the doctor and they suggested that I go into labor and delivery...of course I didn't. We debated back and forth for the majority of the night, but I didn't think it was anything to write home about so we stayed. I could still feel the baby moving and aside from the cramps I wasn't unbearably uncomfortable. I even made dinner, vacuumed the guest room and cleaned the kitchen.
+With that said if you know me, you know I DESPISE hospitals so I will try to avoid them at all costs. My manager asked me what would make me actually decide to go to the hospital. All I could say was I don't know...I guess when my water breaks?
+I am still working. Every day I come in they are more and more surprised. Even the men who work at the office are commenting on how I'm still smiling and s till there. By Friday it was getting harder and harder to make it to work...but I'm determined to work up until I have him (even if that means going into labor there). They have Ryan's numbers so if anything exciting happens they can call him.
+My parents get into town tonight and we are so excited for that. I think they're pretty happy that they'll for sure be here when he's born. I know they (or maybe just my mom-hi mom!) was more worried about not being here than we were. We have made great friends and know that everything would have been just fine.
+Ryan's promotion ceremony is this Thursday (also my due date). We're hoping we can make it through then, but only time will tell. I'd be elated if I actually delivered on my due date.
+I have another doctors appointment on Tuesday so hopefully I will have made even more progress. The more I'm able to "labor" at home the happier I will be. We live a good 40-45 minutes from the hospital so it'll be a bit difficult to decide when we should REALLY go.
+Today Ryan and I have a busy day planned. We have to do a quick pick up of the house and then we're heading to the mall and Bass Pro Shop, going to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and then to the airport. It'll be a fun, but busy day. Especially since we didn't walk home from our neighbors until 3 AM.
+Ryan has been in the process of building a gun (an M4), he started back in May and then in late June or early July he ordered the rest of his parts. It was back ordered so he had to wait quite a while, it finally arrived this week. He was like a kid in a candy store, so excited the night it arrived! His friends stopped by earlier this week and it was quite funny hearing them talk about this gun. BOYS!
+EVERYONE and their mother feels the need to tell me about their birthing story (mostly the parts that you just don't care to hear about). I don't know if I have a sign on my forehead that is shouting to people, but I honestly don't care to hear about all that gross stuff. I don't even want to hear about it from my experience, but I guess that isn't much of an option, huh?
+Anyways, that's all for now! Enjoy the weekend!
1 comment:
glad to hear you still have a smile on your face this close to the end!! hope you keep making progress, and that little dominick comes soon!!!
have a great time with your parents!!!
Post a Comment