My parents arrived on the 25th of August and I honestly thought Dominick would be here by then. I had been experiencing Braxton Hicks for quite a while and had already showed progress every time I went to the doctors. My due date was the 30th and it came and went. Ryan's promotion ceremony was also this day. My parents were able to go and I'm glad that they were. I think they enjoyed being able to see that and I know Ryan appreciated having them there.
On Saturday (September 1st) we all went into town and ran some errands. I was having lots of cramping and pelvic pain, but at this point I was already over due and didn't think anything of it aside from maybe I over did it. The next day I was extremely uncomfortable. We did some things around the house, had lunch and I told Ryan that I think we should go into labor and delivery because I was in lots of pain and had some spotting. We headed in around 1. They told me I was having some contractions, but nothing to write home about and I wasn't dialated enough to keep me. They said that if I started having contractions that I couldn't breath through or started bleeding like a period I needed to return (it's about a 45 minute drive each way). Needless to say I left in tears. When we got home we had dinner and I laid on the couch feeling pretty miserable until bed.
Finally around 6 PM I was 10 cm and they broke my water. They wanted me to start pushing, but since I had the epidural for so long I had no feeling or urge to push. They made me continue pushing for about 45 minutes before they decided to turn it off completely. The doctor got there around 8:45 and by 9:10 PM our baby boy was finally here! They took Dominick and cleaned him up and let Ryan see him while they fixed me up (which took much longer than they anticipated).
After they cleaned the room up, my parents were able to come back and finally meet their newest grandson. They let us all have an hour together and then it was off to our post delivery room. My parents and Ryan left to go home around midnight and Dominick and I finally were able to get some rest.
7lbs 13 oz
22 in long
9:10pm, 3 Sept 12







2 comments:
awww yay!!! so glad your parents were there for it, what a great memory for them and YOU!!!
He's adorable. I've been waiting for this post! Congrats lady! You guys look so content.
Post a Comment