Thursday, January 23, 2014

Christmas 2013

Since it was almost a month ago I figure I should probably get our Christmas post up. Better late than never I guess...

Our Christmas this year was not a traditional Christmas for us. For starters the weather during the day was in the 60's and I was wrapping presents with my windows/patio doors open (and the screens in). I didn't take many pictures at all, but we had a good day regardless.
Santa Came!
When Dominick first walked out he grabbed his dog and ran to his new chair from Gigi and Papa. He was happy with those two items.
On Christmas Eve Ryan and I both got out of work early so we decided to head to church for the candle light service with our friends and go to dinner afterwards. When we got home we got Dominick to bed and Ryan finished his wrapping while I started thinking of things that we needed to pack to take to Michigan.
Who doesn't love light up tooth brushes?!
He got a drill and is now Daddy's little helper. He LOVES Ryan's drill so this was a real treat for him.
On Christmas Dominick woke up bright and early (before light 5:30 am) to start the day. He must have been VERY excited to see his treats from Santa. We opened presents and I made cheese danishes (nothing big) since they were easy and we didn't want any left overs. For lunch we went to our friends house for lunch. I know I say this for every major holiday, but it's always nice knowing we have people in our lives to spend those days with so we aren't alone.We ended up staying later than we planned and were scrambling to get everything done.
Ryan and I think he has OCD and opening presents with him was a task. He had to make sure it was done perfectly and didn't want any trash beside him so he kept giving us all of his wrappers.

This was one of his first toys he opened. He grabbed it, hopped right into his chair and started playing. He was PUMPED!
I'm glad that we were able to spend the day as a family once again. We had the best day just being together and with friends who are more like family.
I think he had a GREAT Christmas.

3 comments:

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

There you go again throwing that 60 degree weather in my face;)hehe I'm just kidding (slightly.) Love those little jammies! Quite possibly the most adorable things ever!

Jen said...

I can't get over his outfit, it's so cute!

Jessica said...

I have you beat...we had over 70 degree weather on Christmas!
Also I'm still sorting thru Christmas pics so I'm sure I'll write that post around Easter lol