Dominick turned 17 Months on February 3rd.
+Dominick has had such a rough start to the month. You ended your 16 month sick and started your 17th month sick. Your ear infection was finally almost all healed AND while on your antibiotics you got a yeast infection. Sweet boy. You were off of your antibiotic for a week before we had you back into Urgent Care and diagnosed with your THIRD ear infection since December 23rd. On the 24th of Jan Dr Thaker gave you a referral for an ENT!!!!!!
+You LOVE puzzles and put together your first puzzle unassisted on the 12th. I was super proud. I'm not sure if this is a big accomplishment for a 17 month old, but I was really proud.
+You learned how to say and sign thank you (dan oo) and help (heh). For help you put your hands together and move them up and down and for thank you you mostly just put your hand to your chin. You can also say belly (beh) and you know where that is.
+We saw a baby at the jewelers and we said, "do you see the baby?" and you replied with "bay bay". The way you said it was so sweet and so funny and because you have a complete loser for a momma I taught you to say, "aye bay bay" later that night.
+You got a pillow pet for Christmas and we took it to daycare. You use it for nap time.
+You are getting SO much better using a spoon/fork. We give you one to eat with for every meal.
+On the 14th we were coming out of the commissary and there was a school bus going to the bx. Your face got so shocked/excited and you kept saying "ooooooooooooooo". You just looked at it in awe. We don't have school buses on base since everyone walks or gets dropped off so that was a real treat for you.
+You are obsessed with motorized vehicles. You use everything and everyone to run your cars on and make noises. It's rare that you aren't playing with your cars or something that goes.
+Your second favorite toys are balls. You could play catch, kick or shoot hoops for a REALLY long time. You are getting SO much better at catching AND throwing. You definitely have an arm on you. Maybe you'll be a pitcher one day (not a qb, because they get sacked and tackled and hurt. ;o))
+We got you a leaptop for Christmas and you love it. You always dance to the music and it will literally keep you occupied for SO long.
+You love blankets and to be snuggled up. Every night you have to have your two loveys and your blanket to go to sleep. After supper you will take your milk and climb up on the couch grab a blanket cover up and drink your cup. You also normally will watch a cartoon. Once you're done you'll get up and go play. It's super sweet.
+You are becoming so much better at reading before bed. I love that you're starting to like being read to more because you have SO many books and I love children's books. You normally pick out a few books and we will read as many as you let me.
+You LOVE to jump off of things into our arms or really on the ground or anything for that matter. We will say, "one, two, three, GO!" and you started to say, "two, GO!" Sometimes you will say, "one, two, GO!" You're SO smart.
+We started making your breakfast and taking it to daycare so you can sleep in a little bit longer. Your new wake up time is around 5:45ish.
+You are becoming a better eater and less picky. You absolutely LOVE fruit and I don't mind giving it to you. You also really like cooked vegetables, but I think carrots are your favorite. You love, love, love condiments, but we try not to give them to you too often because you'll only eat the condiment. haha!
+You still love to be outdoors. You like to ride your bike, hit the baseball, ride in your car and go to the park.
+You are SO social and are comfortable almost anywhere. You check in every so often, but you are so good and so happy. People always comment on how happy you are. You love being around your friends and I love that you are easy to take places. When you see your friends you hug them or get so excited.
+You love. love. love. your daddy. Every day when he gets home you run to him and are super excited.
+You are getting better at listening to books and we are actually making it through a whole book, sometimes two or more. Momma normally does your bed time routine and daddy will come in and say good night.
+Since it's winter and so dry you only get a bath every other night, but you ask for a bath EVERY day. You say "bahy, bahy" and will raise one arm and rub the other hand on your belly (it's really rubbing up and down on your belly with both hands). It's my favorite sign that you do because it's SO cute. You also try to pull your shirt up over your head.
+You pooped on the potty this month and I'm pretty sure it was an accident, but we cheered and got super excited for you anyways. We had a dance party in the bathroom. Sometimes I think you're ready to start potty training (I know there's a certain window when you're young to try), but we just haven't took the plunge and I'm okay with that too.
+You are doing so much better in restaurants. There was a short period that we really didn't enjoy going out to eat with you, but you're getting SO much better and it's actually quite enjoyable. You tried your first corn dog this month (I find them disgusting) and really liked it. Actually, you liked the hot dog and didn't enjoy the breading...which is exactly how I feel too.
+We have been doing time outs with you, but have increased your time to 45 seconds and sometimes one minute. You are responding so well to them so I think we have made a good choice with that. Sometimes I feel like that minute goes on forever, but it really helps you calm down and it's a distraction from whatever it was that you were doing.
+You are a climber. You can climb into the dining room chair and will sometimes even climb onto the table. You do mostly good with just getting into the chair and sitting like a big boy. When we get home from daycare and work you get to have a snack and sit like a big boy.
+I really think this month we've taken leaps behaviorally. We were definitely on a downward slope the past few months and I think we're taking a new corner. It's been refreshing and nice and we love when you're happy and on your best behavior. I know that it won't always be like this, but it's been SO nice.
+When we ask you a question or anything really you will laugh and say "noooooo!" It's really funny. At daycare you tripped and then went crying to Mrs. Katie. She said, "you're okay, I'm pretty sure you're going to live" and you looked at her and said, "noooo!" and giggled. I love it.
+People also always comment on how you act SO much older than what you are. You really are so smart and really seem developmentally ahead (and I'm not just saying this because I'm biased). You're the youngest by at least a few months and some years from all of your friends. You try to keep up with all of your friends, even the big kids.
+You {LOVE} to dance. You raise one hand and spin around. You laugh and laugh and laugh. Music is your favorite.
+You are very curious and inquisitive; this hasn't changed. You always have been. You love seeing how things work and learning. I brought you to work on day to pick up my W2 and you saw the big printer. You were SO impressed.
+You also really enjoy coloring. Whenever you see your crayons you ask to color (ca) and will sit for a very long time playing with crayons and coloring.
+We love you more than you'll ever know. You're the biggest blessing and you are constantly on our mind. We are always talking about you and thinking of fun things to do with you. You're our little sidekick and our best friend. We often ask each other how we got so lucky to be YOUR parents. You've got the sweetest personality and are SO funny. It's easy to give in to you and hard to get on you, but we want you to be the best you can be and enjoyable to be around. I think we're doing a pretty good job because you're turning out to be a stinkin' rad little dude.







1 comment:
He looks so happy on his bike, I love it. :)
Post a Comment