The first night he fell twice; the first he thought the side was still there so he stood up and was searching for it, but fell over. The second was right before Ryan and I were headed to bed. The day that we switched his crib we let him hang out in his "new" bed for a little while while we were getting ready to leave the house. He loved being able to get in and out and was really rather comfortable. Tonight (I'm writing this on March 10th) we laid him down and he fell right to sleep. We're hoping that this is a continued trend. The real test will be on Thursday when I work half a day and he has to nap in there. On the bright side at daycare he sleeps on a mat and naps for 2-3 hours at a time so I'm hoping that he will understand that he has to nap here too. We will see. Wish us luck!
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Toddler Beds
Since we had to cut Dominick's bed we weren't really sure if we should get a new/replacement crib or if we should move him into a toddler bed. I wasn't really sure he was ready for the toddler bed and really quite hesitant since he did so well in his crib. I was honestly not ready to continue putting him back into his crib over and over and deal with all that jazz, BUT I also didn't really want to buy a new crib that he was likely only going to be in for less than a year anyways. We ended up switching his crib to a toddler bed.
The first night he fell twice; the first he thought the side was still there so he stood up and was searching for it, but fell over. The second was right before Ryan and I were headed to bed. The day that we switched his crib we let him hang out in his "new" bed for a little while while we were getting ready to leave the house. He loved being able to get in and out and was really rather comfortable. Tonight (I'm writing this on March 10th) we laid him down and he fell right to sleep. We're hoping that this is a continued trend. The real test will be on Thursday when I work half a day and he has to nap in there. On the bright side at daycare he sleeps on a mat and naps for 2-3 hours at a time so I'm hoping that he will understand that he has to nap here too. We will see. Wish us luck!
The first night he fell twice; the first he thought the side was still there so he stood up and was searching for it, but fell over. The second was right before Ryan and I were headed to bed. The day that we switched his crib we let him hang out in his "new" bed for a little while while we were getting ready to leave the house. He loved being able to get in and out and was really rather comfortable. Tonight (I'm writing this on March 10th) we laid him down and he fell right to sleep. We're hoping that this is a continued trend. The real test will be on Thursday when I work half a day and he has to nap in there. On the bright side at daycare he sleeps on a mat and naps for 2-3 hours at a time so I'm hoping that he will understand that he has to nap here too. We will see. Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Dominick looks so happy and proud in his new big boy bed!!! I really like the style of it, too!
Bryan and I were literally just talking about moving Bennett to a toddler bed last night! I'm just nervous he will think it's time to play instead of sleep lol
what a big boy!!
it looks like he feels so proud! awww!
He looks so handsome and like such a big boy!
I used these bumpers with my oldest,http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Bumpers-Portable-Child-Safety/dp/B003KFCV6S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394805376&sr=8-1&keywords=toddler+bed+bumper to keep him from falling out of bed. They really helped!
Post a Comment