First, Happy New Years Eve! I hope you all end this year with or around your people celebrating a fresh start.
I thought I would share my resolutions on this little space of mine in hopes of actually following through with them since they're public.
1. Organize. We are notorious for having too much stuff. I just want to go through our house with no storage space and get rid of things. We did that recently and I just felt so much weight out of my life and that was good. I also want to manage my time better. No more coming home and taking a cat nap while Ryan's giving Dom a bath or whatever it is.
2. Parenting. I often feel mom guilt for many things...can you other moms relate? I just want to be more present, patient and say yes more than no. Our expectations of Dominick are set pretty high and even though he looks and most of the time acts older than 3 at the end of the day he's still THREE. I also just want to be more present. Put my phone down, my camera down and just be all in with him. Embrace who he is right now because he's a pretty awesome little person.
3. Marriage. One goal I have this year is to go on more dates, be more mindful as a wife and put my husband first more. I'm pulled in so many directions that giving Ryan 100% ALL the time is just not an option, but giving him 100% MORE is totally an option and working on our marriage is something that will definitely not hurt us.
4. Read. I LOVE to read. I don't do it often enough. I find myself watching tv or scrolling through my facebook and instagram feed. This year I want to make a point of reading more books. I think I might have read 4 books total last year and that's just not okay. So this year I'm hoping to read at least 1, but I'd like to make it 2 books a month.
5. Be Active & Get Healthy. This year for me was one of the hardest I've ever had. There was a lot of things going on in my life personally and it dragged me down. Two years ago I was the healthiest and most fit that I had been in many moons. This past year really was full of changes and hardship and while it wasn't ALL bad and I grew a lot as a person I let my health, workouts and good eating kind of get away. In a lot of ways I'm starting all over to where I was two years ago. I'm hoping to get back to that point where I not only feel better in my own skin, but I'm happy with my results.
6. Financial Freedom. Ryan and I aren't DROWNING in debt, but we do have some. I'd like to pay off a lot of that and just feel more financially free. We are totally capable of doing so and while we will have to make some changes to our lifestyle it won't be the end of the world. We have already discussed our budget and what we plan on doing so we are already starting before the new year.
I am feeling much better about going into 2016 than I was a year ago. Earlier I started 2015 was a tough year and I can't even say I'm sad to see it go. I'm glad for the growth and perseverance, the ability to work hard and to come out better than I went in. I'm hopeful for 2016 and am ready to close one chapter and start the next.


3 comments:
I think these are all great goals! Wishing you an amazing 2016! :)
I want to read more in 2016 too! Happy New Year to you!
Great goals...I think we have very similar ones for 2016!! I think i might have read maybe 2 books all of last year, reading more is definitely something that I need to work on!!
Post a Comment