Monday, April 24, 2017

Dominick at 4.5


Lately, I feel like I've wrote a ton about Malachi and not much about my first little love. He's just over 4.5 months and let me tell you he is just one of a kind. I thought I'd do a post about him so I don't forget who he is these days.


+He's all boy. ALL boy. He's dirty and wild and rowdy and all boy. I don't know a better way to explain it, but I'm sure you get the picture.

+He can ride his bike without training wheels (he was able to since last June) and does awesome. +He's finally learned to start without help and stop using his brakes all on his own.

+He also LOVES his scooter. If we go for a walk he always chooses his scooter. I think he feels more confident on it, but he's really, really good on it.

+He LOVES being outdoors. He will play outside by himself, with us, with friends...sunshine, rain or bitter cold he doesn't care one bit.

+He is still a huge Star Wars and Paw Patrol fan.

+Dominick loves guns, bow and arrows, light sabers and swords. He says he wants to go hunting all the time, but I Just don't think he's got it in him (when Ryan showed him a duck that he got while hunting he told him he killed Donald).

+Speaking of which, he has the BIGGEST heart and loves so hard. He cares so much about the people he loves and wanting to make sure we are all loved equally. He'll never pick a favorite anything between Mommy and Daddy, we're all the winners, we're all equal best friends, he'll share his FAVORITE foods with us just because he wants to. I LOVE his heart.

+He often switches between red and yellow being his favorite color, but personally, I think it's still red. At school he's in the yellow group so I think he just says that it's his favorite because of that

+We are heading to WALT DISNEY WORLD for his 5th birthday and he talks it UP! He's super excited for that.

+He is SO, SO, SO funny. Ryan and I find ourselves bent over laughing more times than we can count in a day. His facial expressions, his tone of voice and simply just the words he says are so funny.

+He's head over heels for Malachi and has transitioned into a big brother flawlessly. He is always asking to hug and kiss him or see him and hold him. He calls him Cutie and it just melts my heart. He tells EVERYONE he's a big brother and he's very proud.

+He's a HUGE talker. He especially talks a lot when he's excited. That's a big clue for us he's looking forward to something because he just cannot stop.
+Dominick LOVES to sing. You can always catch him singing or dancing to a little song. His favorite song right now is Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake (from Trolls). Every time we are in the car he asks to hear it...on repeat. 
+My guy is a big fan of the beach and pool. He is always asking to go on vacation when we were at the beach. He doesn't mind winter and snow, but he truly loves the beach. He's my kind of guy.

+His extracurricular activities right now are Awana (on Wednesdays), swim lessons (on Thursdays) and soccer (on Saturdays). He no longer does tae kwon do and he's very happy about that. It just wasn't a love of his anymore and we wanted him to be happy. Once summer rolls around he will also start t-ball again.

+He loves going out to eat, but is a semi-picky eater. He calls restaurants restranots.

+Dominick LOVES his Daddy. He's always been a guys guy, but ever since Ryan got him he requests him to stay and snuggle with him and him to give him baths and mostly him to play with. He loves me, but it's me he wants when he's sick, needs some extra loving, etc.

+He's very tender hearted. If we raise our voice it means we're "yelling in his ear". He gets his feelings hurt easily, but forgives quick.

+Dominick has a great group of friends (our friends' kids), but is often not a great friend. He is extremely bossy and very much likes things done his way, on his time, they can only play with certain toys of his, he doesn't like to share, etc. BUT he's loyal and in time hopefully the other things work themselves out and the loyal part stays and he'll be a great friend.

+He's so funny because he likes his picture taken, but he can't stand or sit still long enough to get his picture taken.

+Dom loves to play games, but is a terrible loser. It comes with the age and he always has an excuse for everything. We are working on him having a happy heart and being a good sport whether he wins or loses.

+He still refuses to drink soda, which is not a complaint by any means. He says it's pica and that it burns his mouth. He hates the carbonation.

+Dom has started to get more and more into legos and he likes to build and create different things. +One of the most popular toys in our house has been magnatiles. If it's legos, magnatiles or other blocks he is really creative and loves to build.

+He loves to be read to.

+He's so smart and has a crazy good memory. He always asks me to do addition and subtraction in the car, he can memorize his verses super fast, he reads Bob books and gets excited about learning.

+He is starting Kindergarten in the fall and while I’m just so sad over the fact that he's growing up on me so quick I'm so excited for him too. He is the most excited about riding the bus as he thinks that is what is going to make him an official big kid.

+Ryan say's Dominick is a walking infomercial because he is very dramatic.

+Dom is the least patient person in the world and gets very upset when he doesn't get acknowledged immediately. He will continuously repeat our name until we listen to him. It's super annoying and also something that we are working really hard on.

+He is really, really big into art. He loves to color, write and paint. He will work on his art work for a very long time and takes great pride in it.

+I don't think there's a dessert he doesn't love. He definitely takes after me in this department.

+Dominick is 4.5  and we still make him take a nap. He is really to the point where he would be okay with probably giving it up, but behavior wise we can totally tell if he skips it.

+He LOVES birthday parties, but always wants it to be his birthday too. When it's time to open presents Dom gets SO excited and can barely contain his excitement for them. He also wants them to open his present RIGHT then. Once they do he will settle down a little bit, but he does get PUMPED for his friends. I love that he has such a giving heart.


He's my first born and makes me so proud. I wish time would slow down, but it's a cruel thing. Now that I have two kids it seems time has sped up. I love all my time that I get with my big boy. I wish I could put into words my love for him, but I will never be able to. My wish is that there is never a time where he questions my love for him, how wanted he is and how highly I think of him. He is such a cool little guy and I'm so lucky that I get to call him mine. I will forever be his biggest fan, will always be his constant, a protector, a hug when he needs one, a friend, a listener, confidant and his momma bear.

1 comment:

Jen said...

He is such an awesome kiddo! I can't believe he is 4.5.