This is Ryan's last week of paternal leave and we're all really sad that he has to go back to work on Monday. It's been nice being able to all be home together as a family, we definitely haven't been taking it for granted. We haven't really gone out and done much as I'm sure any new parent knows how hard it is...especially when you're breast feeding. When my parents were here we were able to go out and do a few things, but it's easier when there's 4 adults instead of just Ryan and I. We knew we wanted to do a few day trips, but this week is full of appointments so we knew we were limited to only a few days. We planned on Wednesday and then another over the weekend. Unfortunately, this weekend is carmageddon II and we will not be going anywhere. The traffic in Los Angeles on a normal day is awful so we couldn't imagine a day during carmageddon.
Anyways, on Wednesday we decided to head to Long Beach and go to the Aquarium Of The Pacific. We were able to get discount tickets on base and so we ventured out. It's kind of far from us, but it was a fun little trip for us and it wasn't too much for Dominick. All in all we were a little disappointed since they didn't have any large fish such as whales or dolphins, BUT we were able to touch jelly fish, starfish and we were able to watch a shark feeding which was kind of cool.
We are glad to be able to do little trips like this with our baby man (even though he'll never remember this one). It was actually Ryan AND Dominick's first aquarium trip.
1 comment:
Oh goodness I remember Bryan's first day back to work after Paternity leave (at that point my family was already gone too)...good luck!!! It was hard, but I think more so because I was just like "holy crap, I have a baby and I am alone haha"
Post a Comment