Thursday, April 25, 2013

3-6 Month Essentials

A few months ago I posted our newborn to 3 month essentials. Dominick will be turning 8 months soon and I've already forgot so much of what we used during 3-6 that I knew I needed to get this posted. When I was doing this I realized a lot of these we still use to this day (almost 2 months later).

1. Fisher Price Luv U Zoo Jumperoo
We bought this for Dominick at Christmas. He loved it then and he still loves it to this day. He will play and play in it.
2. Fisher Price Space Saver High Chair
When my parents were here at Christmas time was when we started using this high chair (he was almost 4 months). Of course he couldn't eat in it, but it was nice to have him at the table with us. In the beginning we would surround him with toys and he would just play and play. Now he eats and I just love that it doesn't take up a lot of space. It's super, super easy to clean and I would definitely recommend this high chair to any new momma's
we have this one
3. Sophie The Giraffe
They're a little pricey, but this is the BEST teether EVER! We take ours everywhere and always say a little prayer that we never lose it. When we hiked the Hollywood sign Dominick must have dropped it out of his stroller and we didn't notice. Unfortunately, he dropped it at the very top (I know he had it at the top) and never saw it again after. We were about a 1/4 of the way down before we realized and were not going back. We ordered another. He loves it.
4. Summer Infant Complete Coverage Color Video Monitor Set
Originally I didn't think I would want a video monitor, but let me tell you that when it came down to it I hated not knowing what was going on in his room. On a whim we bought this monitor and I'm pretty confident if and when we ever have another baby I will be buying a different one. There really isn't anything wrong with this one. There is some static from it and you cannot add another camera (i.e. for another baby). It's done the job for us and I'm so thankful to have it as it's really gave me a peace of mind. One thing I do like about it is that it's really sensitive (and I may just be a crazy person here) so if Dominick takes a deep breath I can hear that and the volume can be down really low. When he moves I can hear that and again I like that.
5. Banana Training Toothbrush
Dominick loves this thing. It's smaller than Sophie, but still similar in the texture. He will chew on it and "brush" his eat with it.

6. Britax Marathon 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat
We bought this for Dominick in March. We had a maxi cosi pria 70 and honestly it was like he was never growing into it. I finally told Ryan that I didn't want him using it anymore and that I was going to buy a new one. I did and I have never been happier. It was the perfect fit, I was happy and confident I made the right decision and he was still comfortable (I think more so even).
7. No Sew Blankets
I don't have a link for these since I made them. I felt like Dominick was outgrowing his other blankets and he needed something a little bigger. I made him a couple and they're the best. He LOVES them, they keep him warm at night and are perfect for the cold mornings and evenings we experience in the desert.
8. Fisher Price Travel Care Day and Night Mirror
We have this mirror and honestly never even put it into the car until around 4-5 months. It's great to be able to see what he's doing. We've never used the night time feature because if we're in the car at night he's sleeping. It's perfect for day time though. He also likes to look at himself.
9. Sit To Stand Learning Walker
This was a great toy for Dominick because he was able to sit and be entertained. Initially we would sit with him and play, but then he was able to sit alone and we could make dinner or pick up or something. And now that he's bigger he stands up to it and still plays.
10. Munchkin Feeding Supplies - Spoons and Bowls
We use both of these for feeding Dominick. When I was giving him a lot of purees I would always mix the vegetable and fruit and used these. Now I am able to store foods in it if he only eats half of something (fruit cup, etc). I think the bowls will be great for snacks or his own food. He won't be able to pick them up.


And how about one more for good measure?
11. The Mommy Hook
Ryan bought this for me because it was funny and because he thought I would use it. I wasn't sure, but it's come in handy when we have been shopping. It holds a LOT of bags and even though it's kind of dorky, I'm glad to have it.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

good finds!
i am so surprised about the maxi pria. im glad itll be in my dads car instead of ours, so he'll rarely be in it but i really do hope that it fits him! if not i can totally picture my dad going bat shit crazy about it. lol. yikes!
i love sophie the giraffe too!

Sally said...

These are great! We have a lot of the same stuff!

Happy to find another boy mama blogger! I am just ahead of you....my little man just turned 10 months :))

I love the name Dominick! My son has a best buddy with that name.

AllThingsYummy said...

I keep seeing how great Sophie the Giraffe is. I 'll definitely have to get one before my daughter starts teething.