Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dominick - 7 Months

Dominick actually turned 7 months on the 3rd of April

 
Weight
Birth: 7 lbs 13 oz
1 month: 12 lbs 10 oz
2 months: 14 lbs 6 oz
3 months: 16.4 lbs
4 months:  18.11 (late well baby check)
5 months: 19.3 lbs (weighed at home)/actual 18.36 (at the doctors)
6 months:  19.5 lbs (weighed at home)/actual 18.6 (at the doctors)
7 months: 20 lbs (weighed at home)/actual 19 lbs (at the doctors)
 Length
Birth: 22 in
1 month: 22.5 in
2 months: 23 in
3 months: 24.5 in
4 months: 26.36 (late well back check)
5 months: 26.5 in
6 months: 26.75 in
7 months: 27 in
Diapers
Size 3 Honest
Clothes
You are wearing mostly 9 months and 12 months
Eating
You are still exclusively breastfed and eat every 3-4 hours. You take 2-3 bottles at the baby sitter's (5 oz) and you get 1 jar in the morning and 2 in the evening for dinner time.
Sleep
You slept much better the majority of the night, but started teething near the end and are up most of the night.
 Likes
Bath time - I {still} think it's your favorite time of the day
Crawling
Any toys with music
Cuddling
Your jumperoo
Your puppies - Calli and Rocky
Your sit and push toy
 Watching TV
Music
Riding in the car or the stroller for walks
Laying on your back and stretching out
Cooing and mimicking noises with momma and daddy
Getting lovin's
Standing up
Sitting up
Sophie
Dislikes
Being overly tired
Being hungry
Getting in your car seat
Getting dressed 
Being in the car too much 
Not getting your way  
Being at the baby sitters
Dominick,

How are you already 7 months old? Sometimes I just look at you and you seem so independent and big. This month has been so hard on me as I am feeling so guilty for having you in day care. I wish I could spend more time with you, but right now it's important for our family that I keep working. I just hope you know how special our time together is and that you are SO loved. I wish I could slow time and keep you little.

This month you have mastered crawling. You've been army crawling for some time now, but on the 20th we were playing with you on the floor and you just got up and were all over the place. It's been fun watching you explore and get into everything. We never realized how little our house was baby proofed until you started crawling. You especially love cords. And because you are crawling we think you are so much happier. You never did the rolling to get places, so you would really get frustrated. You are one determined little guy and will keep trying to go after something even after we pull you away and redirect you.
You are also kneeling to play with your toys and up to our legs. You can stand with help and are able to pull yourself up to the couch, your toy bins and some toys. I am amazed by you each and every day.  It seemed like you did this out of the blue one day.

You are STILL not sleeping through the night, but you've had some more good nights this month, but this past week you've slept HORRIBLE. Waking the majority of the night and I believe it's because you're teething. Poor guy. :(

This month I cut up an apple for you and you LOVED it. You picked it right up and would chew on them and even take some "bites". You also love puffs and yogurt bites. You eat them right up.

You celebrated your first St. Patrick's Day and Easter. For St. Patrick's day we had friends over and mommy made ribs, potatoes, corn and Mrs. Tina brought rolls. It was all so yummy. For Easter the bunny left you some goodies and mommy had to go to Urgent Care. We then spent the rest of the day playing with Grandma.

Speaking of your Grandma, she is in town to celebrate your 7th month (and her spring break). You love having her here and I think she is definitely one of your favorite people. You also got to celebrate your Grandma's birthday with her. She is pretty special and she means lots to all of us!
You have quite the little opinion on things. If you don't want to do something or we take something from you and you don't like it you will let us know. I think you get that from both momma and daddy.

You will do this little "fake" laugh at times out of no where and it just cracks us up. You also love to blow raspberries, on our skin, on the tile floor, all over the place. You are always making us just laugh and laugh.

You still love your doggies and they are SO patient with you. You climb on and over them, try to steal their bones and they can always make you smile and smile. You also love your daddy. When he gets home you usually squeal with delight and go right up to him. Playtime with him is always fun. And of course you love your momma and I cannot lie...I LOVE that you love me so much.
Buddy, you're already 7 months old and I just cannot believe it. You are changing in front of my very eyes, some days it seems like I turn around and look at you again and you're already changing. You no longer look like a little baby, but a little boy. You are oh so very smart and you have such a good heart. Your sweet, sweet personality makes me melt and you smile with your whole body...your eyes sparkle, it's eye catching and contagious. You made me a momma, a title that I never thought I'd love so much. You taught me what it was like to love another human before even meeting them. Your daddy and I love you so incredibly much our hearts could burst. We thank God and pray for you each and every day for you. I love you today, yesterday and more tomorrow.

Love you to the moon and back,
Momma
entertaining himself at dinner time
6 month well baby check
riding in the cart like a big boy
getting our taxes done
"Momma, I'd like your phone"
I love my Calli girl
Daddy's home!
Watching basketball and cuddling with momma
We love Spring time
checking out what momma's doing on her phone
Grandma and Grandpa sent me a card and I LOVED it

my new shades
playing with my toys

I love my momma
My Grandpa's birthday was last month too
St Patrick's Day with Momma

Easter with Momma (who just happened to wake up)
my Easter basket and toys
Are these for me?
I'm so cool!

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

I can't get over how cute he is! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow and learn stuff? Owen is every where and in to everything. I can't take my eyes off of him for a second now.

Enjoy your company, it's always nice to have family around!