Birth: 7 lbs 13 oz
3 months: 16.4 lbs
6 months: 19.5 lbs (weighed at home)/actual 18.6 (at the doctors)
8 months: 19.7 lbs (as of 4/23)
Length
Birth: 22 in
3 months: 24.5 in
6 months: 26.75 in
8 months: 27.2 in
Size 3 Honest
Clothes
Clothes
You are still wearing mostly 9 months and 12 months
Eating
You are still exclusively breastfed and eat every 3-4 hours. You take 2 bottles at the baby sitter's (5-6 oz) and you get a snack in the morning, lunch and dinner.
Some of your favorite foods are fruits, graham crackers, chicken, ground beef, green beans, gold fish, salmon and sweet potatoes
You average 10 hours at night. Your first night sleep teaching was 4/10 and I think it's safe to say you were 100% ready. We start bedtime routine between 7:15 and 7:30. You are in bed by 8-8:15.
Likes
Any toys that play music
Your Jumperoo
Swinging and sliding at the park
Watching Elmo
Sophie
Crawling
Standing up
Your momma
Playing with your daddy
Your momma
Playing with your daddy
Calli and Rocky
"Talking" on the phone
"Talking" on the phone
Real Food
Going for Walks
Bath time
Cords
The vacuum
Teething
Having your nose suctioned
Having your nose suctioned
Getting dressed
Changing your diaper
Being told no or not getting your way
Baby Boy,
How are you already 8 months old? You have had such a big month and it seems like it's gone by really fast. You are so funny and your little personality is out of this world. I become more and more in love with you every day.
This month you started sleeping through the night and I have seen such a difference in you. Before you would be so tired and cry most of the afternoon at day care and now you still have your moments/days, but normally you are able to make it to about 7:30 and we all know that bedtime is right around the corner. I think having you on a sleep schedule has really been the reason for the change. I wish we would have done this sooner, but we live and learn.
You LOVE going to the park and I believe there will be many of days that we take you to the park. You have always loved being outdoors and now that the weather is warming up we can spend a lot more time outside.
You are one determined little boy. If you want something and we redirect you, you just keep trying to get it. You love to see how things work and figure them out, so inquisitive. Maybe you'll be an engineer when you grow up.
You are such a great eater. As I mentioned above you eat a snack, lunch and dinner along with the breast milk. You just started to drink from a sippy cup and it's so cute. You'll take a big long drink and then go "aahhhhhh" like it was just SO refreshing. Most of the time you take handfuls of food and shove your mouth jammed full (sometimes you choke because you just keep putting more and more food in there and momma has to pull some out). You always scare daddy whenever you do this (and momma too), but we know you're learning. When you really love a food the faster you try to eat and you make kind of a grunting noise. It's so fun to watch you get better and better.
You have a fake laugh that you love to do, blow raspberries and squeal which is a huge delight. You love to make us laugh and will keep doing whatever it is over and over. You love to have someone play with you, but are okay playing alone as well.
You are now able to crawl at lightening speed, stand up by yourself and are beginning to "cruise". You've even tried standing without holding, but it didn't last more than a quick second before you were on your bum. You are getting better about going from standing to sitting. I could see your hesitation and as if you were scared, but you are doing so much more gracefully and confidently these days.
Dominick you are such a social little guy and have lots of friends. When we arrive at daycare everyone comes up to you and tries to get you to smile and laugh at them. You do a little bit of stranger danger, but you will almost always give a smile. You are so talkative too.
This month we also had you at Urgent Care and the doctors all within a week. You have really bad allergies and a cold that just won't go away. They put you on steroids for 5 days, zyrtec because they don't think the benadryl is actually working, more nasal spray, tylenol, motrin and an inhaler. We left the pharmacy with a bag with handles. You seem to do really well when I give you the zyrtec and not so good when we miss a day.
Dominick you are such a social little guy and have lots of friends. When we arrive at daycare everyone comes up to you and tries to get you to smile and laugh at them. You do a little bit of stranger danger, but you will almost always give a smile. You are so talkative too.
This month we also had you at Urgent Care and the doctors all within a week. You have really bad allergies and a cold that just won't go away. They put you on steroids for 5 days, zyrtec because they don't think the benadryl is actually working, more nasal spray, tylenol, motrin and an inhaler. We left the pharmacy with a bag with handles. You seem to do really well when I give you the zyrtec and not so good when we miss a day.
Buddy, we love you so much. You've brought so much joy and happiness into our lives. It's hard to think of our pre baby days and I wouldn't change it for the world. I pray each and every day for you and that your daddy and I can be the parents that you need. Your daddy and I are so blessed and thankful that God picked US to be your parents, raise you and trust your life with us. Sometimes I get sad at the fact that you're growing up and doing all these new things, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I have LOVED every month, but so far this one has by far been my FAVORITE! I always ask your daddy, "don't you think he's just SO fun?" We love you SO much!
Love,
Momma







4 comments:
Aw - so cute, enjoy him! Visiting from the link-up :)
ooo! you use honest diapers?! do you like them!!!
happy 8 months D!
He is so dang cute! I cannot get over the tie onesie!
Hi!!
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself as your newest blogger. I'm enjoying your blog- congrats on your beautiful baby boy!! Isn't motherhood is incredible?! I just had my sweet baby girl six months ago. Hope you'll stop by my blog.
All the best,
Christina @ The McGuire Family
MarkChristinaMcGuire.blogspot.com
Post a Comment