Monday, May 6, 2013

Our Weekend

+Friday Ryan and I both worked; it seemed like such a long week! We were all ready for the weekend. After work we decided to head into town. We needed to pick up a few things from the store and didn't know if we'd have time over the weekend. We went to Olive Garden, the mall and Target.

When we were at Target Ryan picked Dominick out a little stuffed animal. Whenever we are out he will find something for Dominick. Most of the time at the grocery store it's a piece of fruit - haha. Anyways, he only saw this little cat so he gave it to D to hold onto. Well I told him there were more aside from a cat so Ryan went and found him this little dog. They had an elephant, lion, monkey, the dog, and a couple others so I told him we would let D pick. I held them all up and Dominick of course chose the dog. I said to Ryan that I'm sure it was because that's what he had and I was going to mix them up and let him pick again. I did and he looked at all of them and then picked the dog. I really wanted him to have the elephant, but apparently the dog was his pick. He really loved it.
+Saturday we really didn't do much. I ran to the grocery store to pick up a few items for a BBQ that we were attending that evening. I also picked the house up, did some laundry and made some Amish friendship bread. We went to the BBQ later and it was so fun being around friends. Dominicks daycare provider (also our friend) is going to Germany for a couple of weeks so that's whose house it was at. I don't think there is much that can beat yummy food and good friends.

+Sunday was such a lazy day for us. We played, we napped (all of us), made this dip and ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant. I think that's a win!
Dominick is all over the place nowadays. Unless he's napping I barely have time to shower. I normally just lock him in our bedroom with some toys and let him go to town. After my shower getting around is even crazier. I found that if I put him up on the counter and let him play in the water he'll stay entertained for a REALLY long time and he LOVES it. He kept falling into the sink yesterday so he started with a diaper on and soon we just stripped him down. Such a cutie!
Yesterday he didn't nap for his afternoon nap. I don't know why, but I left him in his crib for over an hour just crying and crying. Finally I decided it was pointless to just make him stay in there that I got him out. The first picture he was upset because I told him no (he wanted my phone) and the second picture was maybe a second or two after the first because I was laughing at him in the first. The poor thing was exhausted by bedtime, but he did stay up until 8 and then slept all night. Poor thing. 



miscellany monday at lowercase letters

My Everyday Love

2 comments:

Sarah said...

i absolutely LOVE weekends like this! outings and being lazy. so sweet. i love elephants too much so i probably would have picked that for him.. good for you for letting him pick, twice! lol!

Jessica said...

Who's going to watch D when your babysitter is out of town? Do you have to take vacation days to stay home?
It's funny that how all of a sudden babies start having preferences over things! I love that B can pick out what he wants (or likes the colors of better!) They are growing up so fast!