Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

I know I always say how good of a weekend we had, but Memorial Day was one of those weekends where we left feeling like we needed another day (or weeks, whatever). I love spending weekends with my two favorite Boutwell boys. So serious. Anyways, we had been looking forward for Memorial Day weekend for many moons. We didn't have lots of plans or anything excited to look forward to, but we were anxious for a long weekend. Ryan happened to have Friday off (unfortunately NASA didn't give us the day off too).

Initially we had high hopes of going camping near Yosemite this weekend, but since we didn't make those plans until late the campgrounds were obviously all booked up.

Friday night we really did not do much at all. We went to dinner and hung out around the house. Ryan was gone most of the day dealing with his bike (he had to take it in for it's first maintenance check). 
After our camping trip fell through we decided to venture out to Laguna Beach, but decided to stay a little bit closer and just headed to the Universal City Walk and it was a great time. We walked around, had lunch at Wolfgang Puck (delish) and shopped. We went to Glendale and stopped in at Old Navy and Homegoods. Had we had a little bit more time we would have went to the Americana, but unfortunately it was getting late and we wanted to get Dominick home. After Dominick went to bed R watched a movie and I fell asleep on the couch. We live such exciting lives.
at lunch - Wolfgang Puck
With his Daddy, he was so interested in the mist
our family of 3
Sunday I made dinner and we ran some errands in town. We actually went into town 3 days this weekend which is VERY rare for us. We normally go once a week since it is so far, but this weekend we were gone nonstop. We went to Joanns where I picked up some fabric for a quilt I'm going to be making, Home Depot and Trader Joes (our first time ever, can you believe it?). When we got home we played until bed time and then R studied while I designed Dominick's 1st birthday invites. I have high hopes of doing a lot of DIY projects for his party and I know if I don't start now they'll never get done. 
Monday we were thankful for the men and women who have given their lives protecting this great nation. We  had a birthday party to attend in town at a ranch. It was such a great time and it was nice to be outside. Dominick loved the cupcake he devoured. He also ate 4 or 5 "small" helpings of BBQ chicken and brisket, a helping of pasta salad and fruit. He loved watching the horses and being around people. He is such a social little guy and I don't know if I should blame that on our busy lifestyle, day care and play dates or if he is just naturally social. 
He totally loved it!
After the party we made it home just in time for our friends to come over. We grilled and our friends came and it was a great night. Dominick loves being around friends and both families that came over have babies (one is 3 months older and the other is 2 weeks older than D). 

No comments: