Our weekend was supposed to be one of the best! I had been looking forward to it for many weeks and I think Ryan was even a little excited too. Friday, Ryan ended up staying home with Dominick and they had a pretty good day. Dominick was finally almost back to normal and it made it pretty easy for Ryan. When I got home from work I made dinner and we all had kind of a low key night. It was good.
Saturday was Ryan's birthday. His friend had planned on going a hunter safety course about 2 hours away and since Ryan didn't want to go alone he also signed up. They had to be there at 9 and would be done around 5. Dominick and I stayed home and we baked strawberry yogurt cake and homemade cinnabons. We were having a good day together. Dominick slept more than usual, but I think he was still not 100%. We got around and were going to go meet R in Rancho Cucamunga (doesn't it remind you of the TMNT?) for a family date night for his birthday. Around 3 he text me and Dominick and I had already left the house saying he was feeling less than stellar and he'd rather go out closer to home. So when they got back we all got around and went to dinner with another family. During dinner Ryan started having cold sweats, goosebumps and was NOT feeling well. We ended dinner a little early and when we got home he made a comfy spot on the couch. Dominick loved him so much he thought he would even share his sick germs too.
 |
| the only picture I took all weekend! |
Sunday of course Ryan barely moved from the couch all day and spent most of the day sleeping. My little man spent much of the day napping as well. We had a rough day on Sunday. Between Ryan being sick and Dominick feeling the need to throw temper tantrums the WHOLE day. As in he screams bloody murder, throws himself on the floor, arches his back and cries...the WHOLE day. It was not fun. During one of his naps I needed a break so I took my lounge chair and laid in the sun (and maybe got a little burnt in the process). After a short nap I felt rejuvenated and ready to take on my 9.5 month old tantrums. After a whole day of those I finally just let him cry and after that he seemed much better. I guess he just needed to have a good cry. Unfortunately Ryan's first Father's Day was not a spectacular one. I think it's safe to say the ones to follow will be MUCH better than his first. Or so we can hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment