Monday, July 8, 2013

Surprise!

Back in May I was telling Ryan how I wished I was able to go to Michigan while my brother and his family were in town. He told me I should just buy tickets and go. I have serious flying anxiety and couldn't imagine flying alone and with Dominick. I told him no and kept thinking about it. Finally he told me just to order the tickets. I told him wouldn't it be so fun to surprise my parents and that's how it all started. I called my aunt who said that she could pick me up and from there I purchased the tickets. It soon got out to quite a few of my family members and I was sure it would be leaked to my parents that I was coming home.
So Friday the 21st Dominick and I hopped on a plane (a red eye) and arrived in hot, humid Michigan Saturday morning. My Aunt and Uncle picked us up and when we got to my parents they started honking the horn. Both of my parents came outside looking all confused as to why they weren't getting out of the car. I held Dominick up in the back and my mom saw us and started to cry uncontrollably. My dad was all sorts of confused and finally through all the crying my mom was able to get my name out. They had no idea and it really worked out perfectly.
Our trip was QUICK! Saturday we hung around the house and got to spend time with my nieces and nephews. We had a big family dinner with aunts, uncles and cousins that night. It was awesome being able to see everyone in such a short time.
Sunday my mom, Dominick, my niece K and my sister in law S all went shopping. We were gone most of the day and we had the best time. We used to do that quite often when I still lived in Michigan. I loved being able to do that again. We had dinner together that night.
Monday my niece stayed with us and it was my last night in town. Both of my brothers and their families came to my parents for dinner. It was a little chaotic, but I know my parents loved having us all there...if only R was with us.
Tuesday Dominick and I packed up. It was my sister in laws birthday and we had lunch with them. We said our final see-ya laters and hopped on a plane to go home.
Our trip was extremely quick, but we will be back in just a few more weeks and thankfully Ryan will be able to go with us. I'm glad that I was able to go for my parents and to do something special for them. I know how much they appreciated it and it made this whole trip worth all the effort. I'm not so sure we will ever be able to top this surprise.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

im so glad you were able to go!! love your moms excitement, thats truly precious.
i am dying over all these pics. and dom looking at the planes with the cute butt!