So I have been seeing EVERYWHERE people saying what they're thankful for, for the month of November. I thought I would join in. Since we're going to be gone for the weekend I thought I would do a few days together.
Day 1: I am thankful for my husband. He works so hard to take care of Dominick and I. He makes me laugh and is my biggest supporter. He has such a good heart and I am just so thankful I get to spend my days with him.
Day 2: I am thankful for the Air Force. Since today is the 2nd day in November I thought it would be fitting for this to be what I'm thankful for on this day. Two years ago Ryan left for basic training. It was nothing like a deployment, it was much shorter but it was our first real see ya later thanks to the Air Force and I'm sure it won't be our last. I still can't believe it's been two years. I'm thankful for the AF because it has been so good to us. It provides us a house over our head, insurance for our family, job security for my husband, a pay check every 15 days and I simply cannot imagine our life being any different. As much as we {NOW} want to move closer to home I just can't imagine Ryan NOT being in the military.
 |
| The day he left 2 years ago |
Day 3: I am thankful for Dominick. And since the 3rd is going to mark his 2nd month of life it seemed fitting for this day, just like the 2nd. I am thankful that God chose us to be his parents. He is such a good baby and has such a sweet little heart. I am so thankful for him and wish I could put into words my love for him, but nothing seems to do it justice.
Day 4: I am thankful for Calli and Rocky. They were my first babies and they may be second best at this point, they will always be our first babies. They've brought so much joy to our lives and I am thankful for that. I think they allowed me to be a "mom" before I really became a mom.
Day 5: I am thankful for my new job. I don't know EVERYTHING that it entails, but I am excited to start and excited for what's to come. I am thankful that I will get 2 extra days with Dominick and that they're allowing me to go home for our scheduled trip. I am thankful that this came at the perfect time.
Day 6: I am thankful for my family. I love that no matter where we are in the world I can count on them. I am so thankful to be apart of a sometimes crazy, always fabulous family.
Day 7: I am thankful for my friends {near and far}. This isn't the first time I've said it, but our friends here at Edwards are kind of like our Air Force/Edwards family. We spend holidays together, we call each other when we need something, we celebrate the good happenings and support each other on our down days. I'm grateful that I have gotten to experience that. I am also thankful for the few friends we still have back at home. It is so rare to have friends who you can count on no matter what, but I am thankful that when we go home there is a couple people who we can pick right back up with...like we never left. Those are the best friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment