Weight
Birth: 7 lbs 13 oz
1 month: 12 lbs 10 oz
2 months: 14 lbs 6 oz
3 months: 16.4 lbs
2 months: 14 lbs 6 oz
3 months: 16.4 lbs
4 months: 18.11 (late well baby check)
5 months: 19.3 lbs
6 months: (will update after you appointment on the 13th)
Length
Birth: 22 in
1 month: 22.5 in
2 months: 23 in
3 months: 24.5 in
2 months: 23 in
3 months: 24.5 in
4 months: 26.36 (late well back check)
5 months: 26.5 in
6 months:
Size 3 Honest
Clothes
You are wearing mostly 9 months and a few 12 months
Eating
You are still exclusively breastfed and eat every 3-4 hours. You take
2-3 bottles at the baby sitter's (4.5-5 oz) and you get 2 small "meals" a day.
Sleep
You slept much better this month, but still wake once sometimes twice to eat
Likes
Bath time - I think it's your favorite time of the day
Tummy time
Your jumperoo
Your sit and push toy
Watching TV
Music
Riding in the car or the stroller for walks
Laying on your back and stretching out
Cooing and mimicking noises with momma and daddy
Music
Riding in the car or the stroller for walks
Laying on your back and stretching out
Cooing and mimicking noises with momma and daddy
Getting lovin's
Standing up (with help of course)
Standing up (with help of course)
Sitting up
Sophie
Dislikes
Being overly tired
Being hungry
Getting in your car seat
Getting dressed
Dislikes
Being overly tired
Being hungry
Getting in your car seat
Getting dressed
Being in the car too much
Not getting your way
Not being able to crawl and get where you want
Being at the baby sitters
This month it seems like you've had lots of milestones! Your first tooth popped through on the 4th and your second one was right behind it. You had a couple of not so good days due to teething, but you were at the baby sitters so I didn't have to witness that (I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing).
You have the sweetest little personality. You will wrap your arms around my neck and give me big open mouth "kisses". When I rock you to sleep you put your hand on my face and "rub" it. You love getting kisses and just smile and smile. You giggle so much when we blow raspberries on your sides. We love to make you giggle and probably are pretty silly most of the time.
On your 5 month birthday you had rice cereal for the first time and it bound you up quite badly so I decided to skip it and on the 7th you had your first food. I gave you pureed carrotts and you didn't love them. After that you have been getting something ever since. I know they say to only do one food for a week to see if you have any allergies, but I haven't really been following that "rule". So far, so good so I hope I don't regret that. So far your favorite foods are pears, green beans and squash. You've also ate, avacados, bananas and cucumbers. For the avacados we've just given you small bites, bananas we've given to you in the mesh bags and cucumbers we just give you slices and you chew on them. You love all food. When we aren't feeding you fast enough you yell at us and you're constantly opening and closing your mouth until we get the spoon to your mouth. You're such a silly boy! You still eat 2 5 oz bottles during the day and nurse when we are together. You still only drink breast milk and I'm so proud we've made it 6 months. Our goal is still for a year. We haven't cut out a feeding yet and are taking the "solid" food slow as I'm not ready for you to cut out a feeding just yet.
On the 9th I realized you can now "scoot" to get where you need to go. I don't know how long you've been doing this, but it was the first time I really noticed. How did that even happen? You are much better at going backwards than frontwards. I think this month you will begin crawling as on the 15th you started getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth. You put one hand out and then belly flop. {edit: as of the 4th you are now army crawling. You start out up and then you do a little flop and army crawl}
I started working on base again on the 11th and our routine and days are so much better. You are able to wake up on your own (normally around 6:20-6:30) and are always so happy. I get you dressed, feed you and then take you to daycare. When I pick you up you are so happy and it's one of my favorite times of the day. With that said, you haven't had a good day care month. You have given her a really hard time and I feel horrible, but don't know what else to do for you. You haven't been napping well and you rarely drink a bottle. It makes me sad that you have lots of rough days, but I don't know how to help you.
Your bedtime is 8:00 and you are ready by then. It's nice to have some sort of routine because your nights aren't always that great, but they're better than what they were. This month I've tried letting you cry it out a little more and left you in your pack n play more. I've noticed most nights if I just give you your binky you'll go back to sleep. Near the end of the month you started sleeping longer more and more. Maybe this next month you'll start sleeping all night and then we will move you into your big boy crib.
You love playing in your jumperoo and are so good at sitting up. You will even go from laying down to a sit/lean. You really, really love your dogs and have started noticing them more. They still don't pay much attention to you, but I can't wait until they do. I think you'll be the best of friends (or at least I hope). When they run through the house or get excited it makes you laugh and laugh and laugh. It's the sweetest sound.
You love when we laugh or smile and you will too to see if we will keep laughing or smiling...most of the time we do because yours are contagious. You love your play table, but aren't strong enough to stand up for a long period of time. I am confident it will eventually be one of your favorite toys.
You also celebrated your 1st Valentine's Day. While your daddy and I don't celebrate it, we will celebrate it with you. I made you two no sew blankets as you didn't have any of your own and were using some that were given to your daddy and I. I think you love them considering you smiled when I showed them to you and then you grabbed them, burried your face in them and squealed with delight. It was THE sweetest thing ever.
You went on your first hiking adventure to the Hollywood sign. You loved being outside and just talked and took in all of your surroundings. You also went to church for the first time and stayed in the nursery. They said you were so good and had them laughing the entire hour and a half. I loved that.
You've been able to do lots of fun things this month.
Baby boy, I love you more than you'll ever know and more than I ever thought possible. I loved you yesterday, I love you more today and I'll love you even more tomorrow. You are the greatest gift I'll ever have and are the most precious little boy. I hope you never doubt how much you are loved and are always confident in who you are. I pray that I can be the momma you need to help you grow into the most amazing man. I pray for your future friends and that your future wife is a Godly woman and your perfect match. I pray that your heartache is minimal and you succeed in every way possible. I pray that you make the most of your life. I pray that you remain healthy. I pray your days are happy. I pray for you, over you and with you. You make me so proud to be your momma. You make our days happier and more fun than ever! We honestly couldn't imagine life without you and wonder what our days were like or how we filled our time before you. I love you sweet, sweet boy; you amaze me each and every day.
Love you to the moon and back,
Momma
| Handsome guy |
| teething boy |
| best friends |
| those eyes...I die! |
| learning how to sit |
| smiley boy |
| Your 1st Valentines Day |
| Valentines Day with Daddy |
| "mom, stop with the pictures!" |
| "okay, one more and that's it!" |
| "momma, please!" |
| love him |
| "say what?" |
| Momma, I am DONE! |




1 comment:
He is so cute! I love his tie stickers. Are they stickers? It's crazy how fast they learn things and pick things up.
Post a Comment