Monday, March 11, 2013

Liebster Award


Brittany at Aviation of Love nominated ME for the Liebster award. Here is how it works:

1. Write 11 interesting facts about myself
2. Answer the 11 questions Brittany posted for me
3. Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the Liebster Award
4. Provide 11 questions for them

1. The majority of my wardrobe is black. I think it's versatile, classic and you just can't go wrong.
2. I drive an Equinox
3. I used to be a nail biter, but I FINALLY broke the habit when I was pregnant with Dominick. It was a goal of mine in 2012.
4. I always envisioned myself as a boy mom and I LOVE being a boy mom.
5. I never thought I would have a husband in the military...boy was I wrong. AND I never thought I'd WANT him to stay in.
6. I'm a contractor with NASA
7. Country concerts are my favorite.
8. I love the MSU Spartans, LA Lakers, Detroit Tigers and I'm indifferent when it comes to football
9. I cried when I found out Dominick was a boy. Ryan thought it was because he was a boy, but it was really because he didn't have a name. I imagined everyone calling him Baby Boy Boutwell for his whole life. We picked his name that day at lunch.
10. I used to hate cooking and baking, but thanks to Pinterest I love making new recipes.
11. I make Ryan clean the bathrooms because it makes me gag. He's the best!

Brittany asked me:
1. Growing up who did you look up to the most? My momma! She is seriously the BEST mom that I could ever imagine. She is caring, loyal, fun to be around, a great friend, a great wife, a role model and she has dignity and grace along with a woman of faith. I love her tons!

2. What is one thing that you wish you were good at or better at? Spanish! I took 4 years in high school and could carry on a good conversation in Spanish.

3. If you could live anywhere, money not an issue where would it be? I'm not really sure. I would love for us to get orders to Europe, but I'd also love to be within driving distance of Michigan.

4. What's your favorite summer activity? Tanning! HA! I'm honestly not sure. I just love being able to be with friends, BBQs, beach trips, baseball, cool nights and warm days.

5. If you could go on a date with any male celebrity dead or alive who would it be? Kobe Bryant! Ridiculous, right? OR George Clooney

6. What is your weakness when it comes to spending money? Well if you know me well you know I'm kind of a cheap-o! I hate spending money, but I always overbuy when it comes to Dominick! So anything baby related.

7. You're home alone, what is the one thing you do around the house that you wouldn't want the people you live with to know? Oh jeez, I'm not sure there is anything.

8. What's your current jam song? I don't know? Honestly, I'm still kind of in love with Ho Hey by the Lumineers and Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men and One Of Those Nights by Tim McGraw. And I always listen to lots of Brooks and Dunn.

9. Your favorite vacation spot? Puerto Plata or Pentwater!!!!

10. What's your favorite holiday? The 4th of July! I think because I have so many great memories from the 4th of July that it's an easy decision for me.

11. If you could only shop at one clothing store what would it be? Probably Macy's

I nominate:
Jessica @ Adventures of an Airman's Wife
Elizabeth @ Est. 14.06.2012
Molly @ Married My Airman
Kristy @ A Happy Heart
Priscilla @ The Teague's
(I'll look for more another time)

My Questions:
1. What is your favorite meal?
2. How did your husband propose?
3. What is/was your favorite thing about being a military spouse/significant other?
4. Your favorite date?
5.What is your go to outfit?
6. What is your most embarrassing moment?
7. Your background screen on your phone?
8. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
9. Would you rather have the ability to see into the future (but not be able to change the outcome) or fly?
10. Your favorite DIY?
11. If you could have any job, what would it be?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Thank you, Allison! I'm working on my post right now. :) Also, I think that's so sweet that you cried because Dominick didn't have a name at first.