February
The beginning of February was spent on baby watch and then became a bit chaotic once Malachi was born. You know the newborn haze you see new parents in...ya, that was us.
+Dominick actually fell asleep in my arms as I was reading him a story. That absolutely NEVER happens and was just the best! He's such a big boy and definitely a Daddy's boy so whenever he gives this momma some extra lovin I'm all about it.
+I started maternity leave on the 6th. We had beautiful weather and spent the morning going for a walk trying to start labor. We took Dominick to the bmx park and had scooter races on the basketball courts.
+We also took our last photo as a family of 3.
+Tracking my contractions
+Baby Malachi was born at 5:31 AM and he was perfection.
+ We got discharged from the hospital before noon on the 8th (only about 30 hours after I delivered).
+Kai's first big outing was to the Air Force Museum. We had daily checks on his bili levels and weigh and met up with my parents and Dominick after one of his appointments.
+We were given a gift bag in the hospital with a bunch of different things. A lot of people will make items and then they put them in the newborn bundle that they give out at the hospital. When we were going through our bag we found a couple of these items and they were big enough for Dominick. It was so quite comical.
+Sweet brothers
+Dominick bought this bear for Kai and brought it to the hospital
+After delivering Kai I just didn't feel like I was able to really devote a bunch of time to Dominick. I still feel like I am unable to give him the same kind of attention as before so on Valentine's Day I asked Ryan to watch M while D and I went on a donut date. He loved the donuts and I loved the quality time with my big.
+On the 15th I ended up going to Urgent Care and had a REALLY bad case of the flu. I had to wear a mask for 5 days. I ended up spending all day in the ER because I was so sick.
+Ryan had got Dom a couple rockets and they were finally able to launch one. He thought it was the coolest experience.
+February 21st Kai turned 2 weeks and we had his appointment. He is doing great and growing like a weed. The doctor was really impressed with his weight gain so I knew we were doing great with breastfeeding (which is always encouraging).
+We had beautiful weather in February and were able to enjoy some time outside and also went on a walk
1 comment:
You have two precious boys!!! :) I love seeing their photos.
Post a Comment