Saturday, March 18, 2017

January

Now that I'm basically caught up I'd like to stay there. I haven't blogged at all in 2017, but I would really like to just have this little space to look back on one day.

January was an exciting month for us. We knew we'd be welcoming Ryan home from his deployment and it was also my due date month. I say was because it's now February 1st and I'm still pregnant. So what did we do in January.

+We went to Wildlights at the Columbus Zoo and had a great time just Dom and I.
+Dominick finally got to play in the snow. It was FREEZING cold, but he just loved it. It was also really the only snow he got to play in all year long.
+On the 7th we went to a Home Depot Kids Workshop and Dom got to build a tool crate. He painted it and we glued those letters on it.
+On the 8th we met some friends at COSI in Columbus. Our friends are from Toledo and Dom just had the best time.
+We also made our welcome home sign for Ryan. Dominick wanted to add all the things and said he wasn't sure he thought it was so beautiful because he really wanted to add more to it. I happened to think we did a pretty good job.
+Dom has been trying to skip naps at school and by Friday evenings he's just straight worn out. He NEVER falls asleep on the couch let alone watching a movie.
+On the 14th we went to a new friend, Silas' birthday party at a gymnastics place. Dominick had such a great time and just loved all the different activities. It was right up his alley.
+While the beginning of the month was super cold, the middle and end of the month we had some high 50s and 60s days where we were able to spend them playing outside.

+And the highlight of our month was on the 24th Ryan was finally home!!!!! I'll do a separate post about this. I don't have many pictures at all, but it deserves it's own post.
+We spent the rest of the month readjusting and getting ready to become a family of 4. My due date of the 31st has come and gone and now we just wait.

No comments: